BOOMDubbo adding value & vibrancy to Dubbo & the wider region
Initially formed in late 2015 as a privately backed public art project, BOOMDubbo Incorporated (known as BOOMDubbo) is now a not-for-profit project-based organisation working with other stakeholders on a range of objectives led by the promotion of public art as a way of making the city a vibrant place to live, work and visit.
As well as commissioning artworks for the CBD of Dubbo and satellite sites around the city, and marketing these works, BOOMDubbo has developed suggested street art walks through the CBD taking in the public art of central Dubbo. We’ve also including some pre-existing artworks in our street art walks and promotions.
BOOMDubbo aims to
- bring more people into the CBD of Dubbo – creating more foot traffic past businesses
- increase visitation to and the length of stay in Dubbo
- bring prosperity to all stakeholders, including artists and the building and business owners who commission the works
- create a sense of pride in the city and the wider region of western NSW – shared with visitors and residents alike
- celebrate art, artists, the people of western NSW and the great characters who have been part of our history
- provide opportunities for artists to engage with the regional community
- work in partnership with private and public sectors of the community for the benefit of Dubbo and the region
For more information about how to work with BOOMDubbo email us.
BOOMDubbo is social
Part of something bigger
Dubbo is part of something much bigger, so don’t forget to check out some of the other things that make Dubbo and the region so great.
Bawd Property Trust
Dubbo City Council (Ignite Program)
Dubbo Aboriginal Working Party
Orana Arts Inc. (Fire Station Arts Centre)
Western Plains Cultural Centre
Dubbo City Council
The Fast Lane Drive Thru Coffee
Tobacco Station Dubbo/Network Video
Boyce Chartered Accountants
Macquarie Credit Union
Kim V. Goldsmith